Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 1996 06:29:44 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Adam David <adam@veda.is>
To:        mark@grondar.za (Mark Murray)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP! Please check...

> > ubiq [1] % su
> > su: kerberos: not in root's ACL.
> > ubiq [2] %
> >
> > It used to prompt for a normal password and work. This is for all su to group
>  0.
> > Okay, kerberos is installed but not configured... but shouldn't this work?
>
> No. tell it not to use kerberos with `su -K'.

Yes, I have been doing that. It was just a surprise to see the change in this
behaviour for the case without the -K. I would expect it to ask for a normal
password when kerberos is present but not available (for whatever reason). Or
is this considered a security feature, to require non-kerberos handling to be
explicitly requested?... but in that case why did the previous version ask for
the password twice at all?

--
Adam David <adam@veda.is>