Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 2000 11:03:02 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "John Reynolds" <jjreynold@home.com>, <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: compile problem with fetchmail with openssl installed on 3.5-STABLE

From: "John Reynolds" <jjreynold@home.com>
> I am running a freshly built 3.5-S system and I have the latest openssl port
> installed:
>
>   openssl-0.9.5a

> One thing that strikes me as wierd is that the Makefile looks for the .a
> libraries, but yet gcc is complaining that it can't resolve those references in
> the shared object libraries. Anybody got any clues on that one? Anybody else on
> 3.5-S see the same problem I do (who also has openssl installed)?
>
> /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.a(rsa_lib.o): In function `RSA_new_method':
> rsa_lib.o(.text+0x7e): undefined reference to `RSA_PKCS1_RSAref'
> /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.a(err_all.o): In function `ERR_load_crypto_strings':
> err_all.o(.text+0x30): undefined reference to `ERR_load_RSAREF_strings'
>
> Any clues?

I believe those functions are in the rsaref port.

Do you have USA_RESIDENT set to YES in the /etc/make.conf file?

Do you have the rsaref port installed?

It seems that the port could be missing a dependency on EXTRA_SSL_LIBS which is used to add "-lRSAglue -lrsaref" for ports built in
the US.

Try adding EXTRA_SSL_LIBS to the sources Makefile and see if that will fix the problem.

Scot