Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 15:42:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      gsutter@pobox.com
To:        Dave Hummel <HUMMDN36@BUFFALOSTATE.EDU>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dictionary/word-a-day program

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Dave Hummel wrote:

>Does a definition-giving dictionary or word-a-day
>program exist for UNIX? How about text files that
>have words and definitions that could be used as a
>basis for such programs?

Webster is a definition-giving dictionary.  I'm afraid I don't remember
where to find it, though.

Alternatively, you could subscribe to AWAD, the A Word A Day mailing
list.  Check it out at http://wordsmith.org/

GReg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                       "How do I read this file?"
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com                "You uudecode it."