Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 06:25:28 +0900
From:      itojun@iijlab.net
To:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>
Cc:        rrs@cisco.com, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCTP code for FreeBSD

>>I have put together IPV6/IPV4 code for SCTP in FreeBSD. I
>>am entering the final stages of testing and I would like
>>to contribute this if I can...
>Great!
>>Who should I contact too coordinate getting this in?
>I'm willing to review the code and take responsibility for
>getting the bits committed to the tree.

	as far as I heard 10 minutes ago, the code is part-kernel, part-
	userland (udp-like socket grabs packets as is, daemon parses the
	packet) and socket API shim is required for applications to use sctp.
	it would be better we can see all-kernel implementation sooner,
	that uses normal socket system calls.  otherwise it will be hard
	for normal programmers to use it...

itojun