Date:      Sat, 7 Oct 2000 18:10:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bernd Luevelsmeyer <bernd.luevelsmeyer@heitec.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/21826: ARP proxy feature lacks documentation

The following reply was made to PR docs/21826; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bernd Luevelsmeyer <bernd.luevelsmeyer@heitec.net>
To: Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 03:07:22 +0200

 Brooks Davis wrote:

 > On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 02:32:37PM -0700, bdluevel@heitec.net wrote:
 > > Wanting to set up an "arp proxy", I remembered to have seen an entry
 > > "arpproxy_all" in /etc/defaults/rc.conf.
 >
 > Depending on what you want to accomplish, the choparp port may do what
 > you want.

 Thanks. I tried that already, to no avail. The gateway answered ARP
 requests as intended but didn't forward the traffic, just as with 'arp
 -s'.
 Hence, the documentation issue about the /etc/rc.conf feature
 "arpproxy_all" remains.

 Greetings,
 	Bernd