Date:      Fri, 6 Aug 1999 00:23:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ryan Lauterbach <ryan@ece.ucsb.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd installation question

I am installing freebsd 3.2 from a dos partition.  The installation was a
success except for that when i go to add packages i've downloaded i get an
error message saying 'can't find packages/Index from the media i've
chosen'.  I have chosen the correct installation media (dos partition) and
the file INDEX is in place in my hard drive at c:\freebsd\packages\INDEX.
I am at a loss as to why the installation program does not see this file.
This is preventing me from installing X windows.

Also, when i go to set up the network preferences to chose a PPP
interface, it gives me options for COM1 and COM2 but my modem is on COM4.
Maybe this is the wrong place to be setting up the modem.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
ryan lauterbach