Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2006 22:56:09 +0000
From:      neil <neilcpp@blueyonder.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Laptop Display size problem

Hi, I am running freebsd 6 on a Fujitsu Siemens Laptop. At the moment, I
only want to use it in text mode. The problem I have is that the text
mode display seems to be framed into the centre of the screen, wasting 2
inches plus horizontally and vertically.

I have been trying to adjust the text mode display so that all of the
screen is utilised, but had no success.

Tried:
1. eval 'resize' which just reports a timeout error.
2. changing the bash shell TERM variable from cons25 to vt100
3. Manually switching adjusting the rows and columns with stty

Also posted to usenet and web forums with no success. None of the books
I have seem to refer to this issue.

Any suggestions?