Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 1996 10:45:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Neil T. Mathison" <mathison@sara.cpb.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   MediaVision ProSonic 16 with SCSI

Greetings,

A question on support for the MediaVision Pro Sonic sound card with SCSI
interface.

I would like to have FreeBSD hookup with a MediaVision ProSonic 16
Sound Card (with SCSI controller). Actually, I'm interested in the
SCSI controller portion of this card, for a start.

The SCSI controller chip has the following markings:

                   Future Domain
                   94178V   356713
                   VY06607-2
                   9C50

I tried the seagate device driver which has support for some
Future Domain SCSI controllers (TMC-950 series), but the card
wasn't found on probing, so the SCSI chip must not belong to
that series. Is anyone working on this card? If not, I will
attempt to write a driver (I have some experience with A/D
controllers cards from awhile back).

Regards,

Neil Mathison