Date:      16 Mar 2003 21:39:20 +0000
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <Maksim.Yevmenkin@cw.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Bluetooth stack for FreeBSD

On ne, 2003-03-16 at 20:01, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:

> great! thank you very much for your time. here is some information
> about obexapp. whan connecting to your phone you need to use RFCOMM
> channel that has IrMC service. you can use sdptool to find out the
> RFCOMM channel number. when staring opexapp in client mode it may
> be required to issue "CONnect" command first and then GET. if you
> would like to push pictures from your phone to your PC then you need
> to run obexapp in server mode. also you need to run sdpd and register
> OPUSH service with your local sdpd daemon. so the phone knows where
> to find the server. again sdptool can be used to register the local
> service. make sure that channel you specify when register OPUSH service
> matches the channel you specify in obexapp.

I have mixed success with OBEX so far. I can download items from mobile
using obexapp connected to IrMC service. But I'm not able to PUT
anything to the phone. I always get Bad request response.

I'm not able to send anything from phone to PC. I did:

# sdpd
# sdptool add --channel=10 OBEXP
# obexapp -s -C 10

but the phone fails with Connection lost and watching hcidump reveals
that HCI connection is not established.

Also I don't know how to read current configuration of sdpd,
sdptool browse gives me strange results.

> also Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz> put a nice page at
>
> http://www.oook.cz/bsd/bluetooth.html
>
> it might be good idea to visit it from time to time.

I will put up section about OBEX when I figure how to use it properly.

BTW friend with Nokia 6310i was visiting me today, inquiry works,
obexapp downloading works, putting does not work. I haven't chance to
test pairing or pppd. What amused me is that I was able to download his
whole phone directory without any authentication.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
Pravdepodobne stravil cele dlouhe vecery ve svem stanu a hledal v naucnem