Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 10:00:28 -0500
From:      Roman Katsnelson <romank@graphnet.com>
To:        Marc Bradshaw <nakker@hotmail.com>, "q's" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Increasing /usr size

Why not just make a new fs (i.e. /usr2)?
I think there IS a way to actually add the space to /usr, but it would
be more complicated, and I think you'd have to newfs the whole space
which would mean losing all the data currently on the slice.

Hth,
Roman.

Marc Bradshaw wrote:

> I installled FreeBSD 2.2.5 and W95% on a 2Gb disk, and gave FreeBSD
> 1.2Gb and Windows 0.8Gb.  What was I thinking of ???.  /usr is getting
> full and I want rid of Windows so I can have it all for FreeBSD.  Now,
> can turn over the windows partition to FreeBSD easily enough, but how
> can I (or can I ?) use the free space to expand /usr?.
> Help much appreciated...
>
> Tad Bradshaw

Roman Katsnelson <-> romank@graphnet.com
UNIX Engineer    <-> rk.graphnet.com