Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 2000 21:11:58 -0400
From:      Tamgiao Nguyen <tnguye21@umbc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   1024 cyl

Thanks to all who answered my previous questions.

My new questions:

1> My second HDD (IDE) is 45GB, the number of cylinders even after
LBA-translated still is way over 1024. Will it cause a problem?

2> Do I have to worry about the 8GB barrier i.e. keeping the FBSD boot
partition (as well as other boot partitions) within the first 8GB?

All this limitation with the BIOS vs. the partition table, etc. are quite
confusing. :-)

The BIOS is quite new (05/2000), BTW.

Thanks.