Date:      Fri, 22 May 2020 21:38:44 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Wiebe Pestman <wrpestman@gmail.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org, "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Port Avidemux

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 1:55 PM Wiebe Pestman <wrpestman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear maintainer(s),
> Today I tried to install the port avidemux-2.7.4_1, but unfortunately
> without success.
> When running the command "make install" the whole process proceeds
> without any error message.
> But at the end there is no binary ...
> Neither in /usr/local/bin, nor in
>
> /usr/ports/multimedia/avidemux/work/stage/usr/local/bin
>
> Am I overlooking something in the installation procedure?
> The kernel on my machine is:
>
> FreeBSD zwaluw 12.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE r354233 GENERIC amd64
>
> Hope to get an answer from you :-)
> Best regards from Holland,
> Wiebe Pestman

avidemux does not install any executable. Oddly, it just installs libraries
and the like. You must also install avidemux-plugins and  either or both
avidemux-cli and avidemux-qt5. If you only need the GUI, you can skip
avidemux-cli.

The command to run the GUI version of avidemux is avidemux3_qt5. The CLI
interface is avidemux3_cli.
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com