Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 1999 15:50:09 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Paolo Di Francesco <paipai@tin.it>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Base kernel package.

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, Paolo Di Francesco wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would have some infos about where to find the latest kernel sources.
> What I need is the basic kernel package for generic platforms to play
> with. I don't need specific alpha package (I have no Alpha box) but a
> more generic package to start playing with and to understand the porting
> path.
>
> I have written this mex here, 'coz maybe (probably) this topic has been
> discussed. 8)
>
> Thanks.

You can always find the latest kernel sources at
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src.  A very efficient
way of tracking this is to mirror the CVS repository using cvsup.  This
also gives you the complete revision history of all files which is an
invaluable resource when working in the kernel (and elsewhere).

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com