Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2013 12:17:00 -0400
From:      Joe <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com>
To:        Anders Hagman <anders.hagman@netplex.se>
Cc:        "freebsd-jail@freebsd.org" <freebsd-jail@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: jail(8) vimage epair bridge

Anders Hagman wrote:
> Hi
>
> 24 apr 2013 kl. 22:07 skrev Joe <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com>:
>
>> Anders Hagman wrote:
>>> Hi

>>> You don't need more the one bridge.
>>> Connect all epairXa and the rl0 interface to the bridge. Put the epairXb in the right jail.
>>> If you want separation. Create vlan interfaces.
>>> Connect them to rl0 and put them inside the jail.
>> Hello Anders;
>>
>> Now that I have an bridge, epair solution,
>> I would like to learn the vlan method you spoke about.
>> Would you please provide some details about how it could be done.
>> I have never used vlan before.
>
> You need a vlan switch and a trunk connection between your server and the switch.
> You need a router/firewall that handles vlans. m0n0wall.

What is your definition of a switch? Do you mean a hardware switch in
the network cabling?

Are you saying ipfw, pf, and ipfilter DON'T handle vlans?

> In your server create vlan interfaces:
>
> Ifconfig vlan101 create vlan 101 vlandev rl0
>
> Move the interface to a started jail
>
> Ifconfig vlan101 vnet jailX
>
> Connect to jail, config and test

What do you mean by config the jail?
Are there vlan commands that need to be run from inside of the jail?

For a second vimage jail would I do
Ifconfig vlan102 create vlan 102 vlandev rl0