Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:05:18 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Magnus_Carlebj=F6rk?= <magnus@carlebjork.se>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        luigi@iet.unipi.it
Subject:   Device polling

Hi. I have been using Luigi's polling code extensively i several multiprocessor
systems for over a year now, and it works flawlessly and efficiently. Nicely
done Luigi!

In the beginning of /usr/src/sys/kern/kern_poll.c there are a few lines thas
says that polling is incompatible with SMP. This is not true, polling IS
compatible with SMP, it just does not utilize all of it's features.

I'm getting tired of having the builkernel break everytime because of this
define in kern_poll.c. Would it be possible to change that so that is just puts
a note in the syslog instead?

Kind regards,
--
Magnus Carlebjork	MCA14-RIPE