Date:      Sun, 21 Jul 2019 18:02:10 +0200
From:      hw <hw@adminart.net>
To:        Manish Jain <bourne.identity@hotmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions\@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to explore Android device files under FreeBSD ?

Manish Jain <bourne.identity@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>

> Somebody has asked me for some images on my Android phone.
>
> So I first need to download those files from the phone to my FreeBSD box
> and then email them.

You could install Conversations or Xabber on the phone and send the
files via XMPP, using file upload.  You can then receive the URLs to the
files with an XMPP client like mcabber and download the files with wget.

If you can't get a free account on some XMPP server, you can always set
up ejabberd or prosody --- and having an XMPP server can be extremely
useful because you can use messages to do all kinds of stuff with
programs/daemons written in perl or other languages.  Asterisk natively
does XMPP and thus joins in nicely.

Writing an XMPP-to-email gateway in perl would be rather trivial once
you get the hang of it.