Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:57:25 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: australian cvsup servers are using old cvsup

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 08:40:01PM +1000, jason andrade wrote:
> i'm not having a lot of luck taking a cvsup-mirror port from freebsd to
> a linux box.
>
> i can build and compile binaries - but does anyone else run an official
> cvsup-mirror on linux ?  jdp has indicated it's not a simple matter of
> merely getting a config file, since there is some level of self configuration
> which he requires as mandatory for official cvsup mirrors.

Yes, I have scripts which run my Linux-based cvsup mirror
(cvsup12.FreeBSD.org, which runs Debian unstable).  However, they
are still under some development (IOW, I have a revised version
of the old hacked-up scripts that are currently being used that
just haven't been tested yet).  The machine might become a
FreeBSD box in the future, but I don't see it happenning atm.

> certainly, cd /usr/ports/cvsup-mirror ; make is not the answer for me, as the
> amount of stuff it's trying to build is not funny.

Yes, it is not funny.  :-)
Maybe I should take my scripts and jdp's cvsup-mirror stuff and
combine them somehow and submit a deb to Debian.  That would be
funny, wouldn't it?  =)

--
wca