Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 09:37:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        rivers@dignus.com, roger@cs.strath.ac.uk
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to find the PCI chipset type inside a driver

> Dave
>
> >    Just a thought - not really an answer to your question... but...
> >
> >    I struck me that since bt848 isn't in the default kernel (you have
> >    to build your own kernel for it) - couldn't you just make this
> >    a flag in the config file?
> >
> >    Then, a couple of #ifdef's in the bt848 driver would handle it.
>
> Actually, this is how I have implemented it. I have just commited to
> -current.
> Great minds think alike. :-)
>
> FYI, the linux bt848/bt878 driver is able to probe around and work out
> for itself that it is on an old triton 430fx board.
>
> Bye
> Roger

 Just out of curiosity - every now-and-then, when watching TV with my
bt848 - the machine will lock up hard... could this be related?  I'm
not sure what the motherboard is in this machine (the documentation
which should be right here appears to have walked off...)  But, what
are the problems one might expect from this issue?

	- Dave Rivers -