Date:      Wed, 6 Feb 2002 14:50:41 -0500
From:      Chris Corayer <CCorayer@adetech.com>
To:        "'sroberts84@hotmail.com'" <sroberts84@hotmail.com>, "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>

"Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 12:10:37 +0000
From: "S Roberts" <sroberts84@hotmail.com>
Subject: re: Microsoft Keyboard Natural [USB Connection]

Hello All,
     I've tried all options that I can think of, but nothing seems to work.
Here's what I have: -
Two keyboards attached to computer, Dell PS/2 & Microsoft Natural Keyboard
(USB connected) -

ukbd0: Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite, rev 1.00/1.04, addr 2, iclass 3/1

I find that although I can use the MS keyboard to enter my bios password at
boot, it becomes unusable after FreeBSD starts booting. I then have to use
the Dell PS/2 keyboard (also attached, due to this problem).

*snip*

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Stacey"

I believe that this is related to how the keyboard driver works.

Check here for a more useable answer.

http://www.freebsddiary.org/headless.php

-Christopher Corayer

Information Services