Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 16:56:01 -0000
From:      "Matt Greenslade" <matt@citylist.freeserve.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Modem/mouse confflict

I have installed v3.3 on an intel pentium desktop and everything works fine.
However when I try to get a ppp connection through the K desktops Kppp app
theres a conflict between the modem and the mouse. The mouse dies when the
modem is queried or tries to dial and no dial up connection works.

Under W98 (its a dual boot machine) the modem appears on COM3. When I
configure the FBSD kernel during installation ports 3 & 4 show as not found
in the bitmap of probed ports. Kppp says the modem is on port 1 which is
also used by the modem.I'm sure I can edit a confg file somewhere and solve
the problem buit I cant find the advice I need in the FBSD handbook or the
other books and manuals I've got. Any advice or suggestions gratefully
recieved.

Matt