Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:08:31 -0500
From:      "Robert Covell" <rcovell@rolet.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   HELP: bad namelist

All of a sudden our mail server running Version 4.1.1(RSA) is return bad
namelist for uptime and ps commands.  I have searched the lists about this
but the solution is not very clear to us.  We do not know what exactly we
need to do to resolve the problem.

The server has been running fine for about 2 years and just yesterday this
came up.  We have not made any changes.

This is a production server and some things seem to be running fine.  Apache
seems to be the only process we can determine that cannot start because of
/dev/null.

Any help would be great, we are in a VERY VERY bad spot and want to make
sure we don't do the wrong thing.

If I have not posted this to the correct list I apologize.

Sincerely,

Robert T. Covell
President / Owner
Rolet Internet Services, LLC