Date:      Sat, 10 May 1997 13:36:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      georgeap@cs.umd.edu (Geo. Apostolopoulos)
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with 3com 3c589d and WaveLan 915

Hi,

I have an interesting problem with the AT&T Wanelan Cards.
My configuration is a Dell Latitute XPi CD with 2.2.1 and PAO 970331,
a 3com 3c589d-combo and a WaveLan 915 Mhz.
I use both cards and the machine boots, recognizes and configs boths cards
fine.
The 3com works without problem (if in slot 0, see below) but the Wavelans
do not. Using tcpdump on
one of the two machines I have I do not see any activity in the Wavelan
network. Of course I have configured the WaveLans from Dos to have the
same Net id etc.

The only thing that seems to be wrong is that the 3com has to be in slot 0.
If I put the WaveLan in slot 0 then the 3com does not work, its conf
info is printed but I get a message "ep0: Failed to come ready"
This makes me suspect some kind of conflict but with the 3com in slot 0
I do not get any error during boot.

The cards do not work even if they are the only ones in the machines (with
no 3com cards inserted)

Thanks for any help,

George

My pccard.conf is