Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 1996 17:33:59 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Slight off subject: porting ports to other systems

Has anybody successfully ported pmake and the ports system to other
systems?  I'm most interested solaris 2.5.1, as I have to work in that
environment.

I have been building and building and building sources off the
internet and thought it would be cool if I could just setup a quick
and dirty makefile for, say, gnu diffutils, type make and have it do
all the nice things that FreeBSD's does.

I've started porting myself, but thought I'd ask.  If there is a
better place to ask, please let me know.

Thanks a bunch...

Warner