Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:18:35 -0600
From:      Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>
To:        Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CHIP: Lies about FreeBSD

Konrad Heuer wrote:

> What can we do? I will write a detailed comment about that article to the
> editorial office (redaktion@chip.de), and I'd like to encourage others to
> this as well.
>
> It's worse to read about FreeBSD in a negative context than to read
> nothing about it! The normal Windows user will never install FreeBSD after
> reading the article! One exception: he/she already knows FreeBSD and thus
> removes the magazine where it belongs - to the waste paper basket.

Authors and editors write about what they're familiar -- and comfortable
-- with. I'd complement the guy for the things he did right and offer to
be a source for information and proofreading for his next article.
Making friends with editors and authors is some of the best PR there is.

Become his friend and perhaps he will let you collaborate with him on
his next piece! Remember, he has to write to eat. If you put words in
his mouth all he has to do is chew and perform his other normal
functions...
--
Don Wilde                 "Bringing the Internet to everyone!"
Wilde Media