Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 1998 14:11:41 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Jonathan Hanna <pangolin@rogers.wave.ca>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxtv & XFree3.3.1 = bad vidmodes

Jonathan Hanna:
 |Randall Hopper:
 |> Doug White:
 |>  |Randall Hopper:
 |>  |>                  on-the-fly video mode switching and viewport setting
 |>  |> so that full screen video really is "full screen".
 |>  |
 |>  |1.  When entering fullscreen mode, the window is off-center; I have to
 |>  |hunt for it.
 |
 |XFree86 3.3, Matrox Millenium 4M 24dpi, 1280x1024, fvwm2, fxtv 0.46: When
 |going into fullscreen window is to the right of centre by about 3%. When
 |going back whole screen is equally misplaced.

Ok, since you're on fvwm2, I imagine this is a bug in the Millenium XServer
code on 3.3.  I've tested fxtv with fvwm2 on the S3V and SVGA servers with
my STB Velocity 3D and don't see this problem.

Might try 3.3.1.

The one minor thing I do see here is sometimes on a full-screen zoom, the
new viewport is one or two pixels off of where it should be horizontally,
so you can see a one or two pixel fringe of the desktop to the left or right
of the fxtv window.  I should report this sometime...

Randall