Date:      Sun, 23 Sep 2001 11:55:01 -0400
From:      Technical Information <tech_info@threespace.com>
To:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: What is it good for? (was "Helping Victims of Terror")

At 07:34 AM 9/23/2001, Paul Robinson wrote:
>http://globalresearch.ca/articles/CH0109C.html
>
>Then you might understand why he's pissed off. He still needs punishing, his
>actions are still wrong, but they are in part, provoked.

As far as I'm concerned, the bottom line that we agree upon is "his actions
are still wrong" and "he still needs punishing."  And since the U.S.
believes we have the means to punish him, why are you so upset over our
current stance?

>Challenge your leaders, and
>your media, to answer the questions that fall in front of you. And after all
>that you're likely to come to one of the following conclusions:
>
>1. Let's bomb them anyway
>2. Let's try and talk our way out of this
>3. We deserved it
>
>I go for option number two myself, but can understand both options one and
>three and why people would consider them ideal.

We're involved in doing number two right now, so again I don't understand
what your real complaint is.

And I can't understand what feeling, compassionate human being can possibly
say that such an atrocity was "deserved" outside a time of explicit war.

--Chip Morton