Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 1995 16:47:22 +0000
From:      kroonder@knoware.nl (George Kroonder)
To:        brian@mediacity.com (Brian Litzinger)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Newbie: Can't compile (new) kernel, cc dumps core

Hello again,

>Generally, one copies GENERIC to LOCAL and then modifies the LOCAL file.

Really? <g> Ok, I left out that I had cp-ed LINT to "GEORGE386" and then
edited that, but ok (and yes I enclosed it in "" in the config file's
"ident").

>However, your problem is likely more related to bugs in the 2.0 distribution.
>If you have ftp access, get the 2.0-950322-SNAP release from

Sure? The thing is, I don't have ftp running on the BSD-box (or any other
net-stuff), so I'd have to ftp everything to my mac first, and then go
through the msdos partition on the BSD, machine to get it on there; a lot
of bs to go through only to find out I had to uncomment something somewhere
(or whatever).

I didn't think I was pushing anything here, I just want to be able to
compile the GENERIC kernel on my lame 386/25. The 2.0R should at least be
able to do THAT, right?

I'll see if I can get any doc's on what 950322 fixes, or improves, and go
from there. In the mean time if anyone has a different clue, please share
<g>

l8r,
george.

P.S. In general I aggree that one should run the latest versions.

 e-mail : kroonder@knoware.nl | I prefer the wicked to the
 phone  : +31-ido-not-thinkso | foolish. The wicked sometimes
 fax    : +31-3463-53216      | rest.   -Alexandre Dumas-