Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2000 22:47:43 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fxtv: capturing image

Marc Schneiders:

 |roger@??? Is this roger@freebsd.org? I'd rather not send all my
 |stupid questions to too many people :-)

No, Roger Hardiman.  He's the resident driver expert.

 |How come I have driver or hardware problems? The hardware seems ok, it
 |is brand new anyway. As it was working, including the capturing, I
 |suspect driver's or fxtv's capture function's compatibility with
 |current code are the problem.

There are two different types of capture:

  - one where we tell the TV card to just toss frames as fast as it can; we
    don't care about each individual one or whether one in particular
    failed

  - another where we tell it to capture a single, whole frame, and tell us
    when it gets it

The first can appear to work fine when the second might not for some reason
(noisy video signal, missing bt848 flags, possibly IRQ problems).  I'm not
the expert on that though.  That's why Roger should step in here.  I Cced
him on my last reply; but his mail is bouncing right now.

Randall