Date:      Wed, 03 Apr 2002 13:18:31 -0700
From:      "Korey Pelton" <peltkore@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   web speed problem

Hello,

I am new to FreeBSD and I think it is an awesome OS, so I invited my friends
over to check it out, but they were not very impressed with the speed of the
internet.  All my friends and I all use 56k modems.  Most of the time, when
I start up ppp, everything on the Web downloads at about 300 bytes/sec,
which is terribly slow.  So then I kill ppp, and restart ppp, and suddenly
everything is downloading at a decent speed (about 5 kb/s) just like in
Windows.  Maybe it is something I didn't put in my ppp.conf file.  I would
appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you,

Korey