Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 1996 14:25:40 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Johan Granlund" <johang@algonet.se>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The demise of -stable

> How about a stable branch as now. With bugfixes and choice bits from
> the -current tree.

As long as none of us have to do the work, I guess I have no problem
with -stable continuing to evolve by whichever group of -committers
wishes to evolve it.  My only worry would be about quality control and
"rogue" releases making the rounds.  There would have to be some sort
of core team stamp of approval, I think, for everyone to be
comfortable with the idea of additional releases being made along the
-stable branch (unless the idea is that this is never made into
another release but merely kept around as a shared source resource?).

						Jordan