Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 1999 10:05:15 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Oswap@cs.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A few questions

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999 Oswap@cs.com wrote:

>I tried mount /cdrom , didn't work
>tried mount /dev/atapi /cdrom ,didn't work
>tried mount /dev/wd1 /cdrom ,didn't work
>tried mount_cd9660 /cdrom ,didn't work
>If you know how please tell!

Wow. You sure tried a lot of stuff. I bet that the errer message that you
got gave you a clue about what was wrong. It would probabsy help us to
answer you.

But I am pretty sure I can help anyway. The proper device name for your
atapi cdrom is most likely /dev/wcd0c.

mount -t cd9660 /dev/wcd0c /cdrom

Also, the mount /cdrom incantation will work if /cdrom is in /etc/fstab.

Thank You, 	| http://students.washington.edu/jcwells
Jason Wells	| "Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither