Date:      Sun, 2 Jan 2000 00:56:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Peter Losher <Peter.Losher@iengines.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   "File too large" in Amanda restore?

Hi,

	We have a situation here where we have our Amanda backup system
running on a BSDI v3.1 box (legacy system).  We tried running a restore of
a partition off of a recently departed RAID system onto another RAID
attached to a FreeBSD v3.4-STABLE box over NFS.  We keep running into a
problem where the restore process keeps stalling mid-way thru the process
with the error:

-=-
amrestore: short write: File too large
-=-

The NFS partition where it was restoring to had enough space (was at 28%
of a 15GB partition, and the file being restored was just under 4.3GB in
size).  Could this be a NFS error, or a FreeBSD error?  (I searched thru
the archives before posting, no one else seems to have had this problem, so
I am not inclined to think it's FreeBSD right now)

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance - Peter

 | Peter Losher | SysAdmin - iEngines, Inc. | Peter.Losher@iengines.com |