Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 2002 00:34:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ron Andreasen <dlanor78@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Quick (kinda) question

One of the things I like best about the linux distros
I've tried so far is that I can make a boot disk and
boot linux from these disks.  That's important for me
cause I have an ancient computer with a BIOS that
gives me many problems when setting up a dual boot
computer.  But I noticed during the install of FreeBSD
that there was no option to create a boot disk, and
even though I chose not to make changes to the MBR I
found that I was unable to boot into windows.  That's
okay though, cause I was smart enough to make backups
of everything important.  I was wondering if there
will ever be a way to boot FreeBSD from a floppy so
that it never touches the MBR and never hurts my
windows partition.

I do plan on trying the install again and choosing the
FreeBSD Boot Manager (I think that's what it was
called).  I'm hoping that it will still allow me to
boot windows and FreeBSD in spite of my BIOS problems.
 Ideally I'd like to ditch windows all together, but
I'm waiting for a specific program called Callwave to
be written for the Linux/Unix/BSD platforms first.  So
far only windows is supported and wine can't run it
yet.  And there's absolutely no hope of running vmware
on a computer this old :(

Anyway, thanks for your time and I'll look forward to
a response from you.

Sincerely,
Ron