Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 1999 22:35:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        Mike Lempriere <mikel@zso.dec.com>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: End of NT-on-Alpha

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Doug Rabson wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Mike Lempriere wrote:
>

> > Just thought you might all find this interesting.
> >
> > Compaq has officially axed Windows NT on Alpha machines.  The final NT
> > release on Alpha will be NT 4, SP6.  There will be no Win2K release.
> >
> > I am a member of DECWest (Bellevue WA), where most of the Digital/Compaq
> > NT development has been done.  We are all to be laid off in the next few
> > weeks.
>
> Please ignore my last reply. I didn't actually notice that you were one of
> the people being laid off and therefore know exactly what is happening.

Although, from Compaq's site, you would think Doug was right ...

> --
> Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com
> Nonlinear Systems Ltd.			Phone: +44 181 442 9037

Chuck Robey                | Interests include any kind of voice or data
chuckr@picnic.mat.net      | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1 |
Greenbelt, MD 20770        | picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD/i386
(301) 220-2114             | jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD/Alpha