Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:16:47 +0100
From:      Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   u3g and ubsa

I have recently been pointed to the u3g driver and gave it a try,
because UBSA works very unreliable for me.

- In combination with PF-NAT I get kernel panics under high load.
- I have to hack some buffer sizes in the driver to get the full
  3G speed.
- Often my USB-3G stick is not detected, sometimes I spent several
  minutes plugging it in and out until it is detected.
- It doesn't let me use the card reader in the stick.

The u3g driver has NONE of these problems. Everything just works
for me.

So obviously I would like to have u3g in base and chose for
myself or even take support for devices out of ubsa that work
better with u3g.