Date:      Thu, 05 Mar 2009 14:24:19 +0000
From:      Hywel Mallett <hywel@hmallett.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-test@freebsd.org
Subject:   Announcing FreeBSD Bounties!

A few times in the past some people (notably the guys from rsync.net)
have offered bounties to encourage FreeBSD development. These have
usually been announced on the mailing lists, and if others want to
offer their support, then they can, but maybe it's not as easy to
collate all the information as it could be.

Some research reveals that there is unlikely to be any official list
of bounties, due to the legal status of FreeBSD.

As a result, I decided to create a site where people can offer
bounties, others can lend their support, and developers can be sign up
to claim the bounties.

At the moment it's still in the early stages, but hopefully it'll grow
and prove to be a valuable resource for the FreeBSD community.

Check it out at http://www.freebsdbounties.info

Hywel

(I'm sending this to freebsd-test as I think the original message to
freebsd-chat may have been munched by a spam filter...)