Date:      Mon, 13 May 1996 09:16:47 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        gxu@engr.csulb.edu (jason xu)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   Re: Disk Utilities

jason xu writes:

> Hi:
>  	I just add a hard disk, but I can not find the add disk utilities to
> foramt the HDD or make a newfs. The only commands I found are fdisk(it
> seems bind--no menuls), disklabel and newfs. Where are the basic disk
> utilities?

Those are the ones.  I don't understand "it seems bind".

> Could it be more friendly?

They couldn't be less friendly :-)

Yes, we know that things could be a lot better.  If it helps, grab a
copy of the document on
ftp://freefall.FreeBSD.ORG/incoming/disksetup.ps.gz.  If you do, and
you have trouble, *please* let me know so that I can fix it.

> Thanks! I have used several Unix OS, this is what I frustrate about
> the disk utilities.

I don't think anybody's particularly proud about the current state of
affairs.  We're just hoping that somebody will come by and fix it.

Greg