Date:      Wed, 09 Oct 2002 12:58:07 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Search engine replacement for FreeBSD.org site

# Cut core@ until we reach to some progress.

At Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:47:14 +0100,
Ceri Davies wrote:
> core, please see attached mail from nik where he expresses a wish to
> get this code into at least test mode on nwww.
> This is from a rather large thread on -doc.

Yes, I read this mail.  So I want to be implemented these items before
installed on www.

> Michael Lucas is mainly liasing with Atomz, although there's a problem
> with the httpd config on nwww which is denying their indexer access to the
> mail archives (their user agent is explicitly blocked as it doesn't respect
> robots.txt).  I mailed wosch the same thread regarding this
> (<20020917221109.GA13675@submonkey.net>), but so far I don't think
> we've had a response.

OK, I'll look at this.  Wosch is too busy nowadays.  Is it possible to
tell me the exact name of user-agent?

IMHO, crowring www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/ is terrible.  We offer raw mail
archives via CVSup.  If Atomz can generate index locally using
retrieved mail archive via CVSup, it is very good for www's load.

> At this stage, I don't believe Eric wants to be in CVSROOT/access.
> We just want him to able to get his code into a testable state on nwww.
> At least I think this is the case, as I don't know what's passed between
> Eric, nik and core prior to this, only what's been mentioned on -doc.

Whether in CVSROOT/access or not, I think someone should be mentor for
him to login FreeBSD.org cluster.  Someone should teach him our local
custom, what kind of doing is allowed or not.

> Now that may not be possible, in which case perhaps a member of webmaster
> could talk to Eric regarding how they could go about installing his code for
> him.

Yes, if he send me his program and teach me how to install, I'll look
it and installing to www for testing.

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.
             <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project