Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 1996 18:33:39 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Peter Mutsaers <plm@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DOS Emulator (was: Re: JDK 1.02)

> Yes, I do (because I have to use an electronic banking app regularly
> and hate to reboot FreeBSD each time) so I asked before about it. But
> there doesn't seem to be any development.

No, there doesn't, and I'd attribute this to lack of interest among
those with the actual wherewithall to do something about it. :-(

I'm now considering the DOS and Windows emulation issues dead, at
least as far as FreeBSD is concerned, and will be putting no more time
into it myself.  I'd be happy to see this change, of course, but after
lobbying the likes of Willows and BSDI extensively in order to obtain
code, only to find that no one was actually interested in doing
anything with such code once obtained, I'm forced to conclude that
it's just not something worth investing time into.

					Jordan