Date:      Mon, 31 May 2004 18:25:06 +0000
From:      "Lee Harr" <missive@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cannot boot system built today

> > So, now... what could be the difference that allows the cd to boot, but
> > not the same kernel booting from the hard drive?
>
>Corruped /boot/loader?
>
>It would be nice to have more detail, like output.

I posted boot messages ("boot -sv") from several non-working
kernels (around the time of 4.10-release) as well as a working
boot from early March.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2004-May/007407.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2004-May/007411.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2004-May/007428.html

Not sure what else to show...  should I attach my serial console to get
the cd boot messages?

Thanks for your time.