Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 14:14:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Damon Hammis <squirrel@hammis.com>
To:        keith@mail.telestream.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Off Topic Solaris question

I much prefer Solaris for Sun vs Solaris for Intel.  I have a PIII 450
w/256 MB of RAM at home and idleing the system would be running in swap.
It seemed incredibly boggy and slow when I tried running it.  After about
a week of that I said forget it and put FreeBSD back on.

I love Solaris for what it can do.  I think that it is a very stable
operating system, but far too expensive for me or any business I would
run.  I think that you can get similar, if not better, performance and
functionality out of FreeBSD.

Just my $.02.

--Damon

                           _ _