Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 18:06:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Spidey <beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        Questions=answers <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Misc (was: Re: Creating the filesystem )

I'm now backing up /usr. By curiosity, when I tried to backup my /usr
using only tar cvf /mnt/usr.tar /usr/. , my df's were showing me the
progression... At one point the filesystem got full, but the tarring kept
on going until it was -32Mb of storage left!!! I guess that was my swap
space that was being swallowed. Is it right? Also, why did it stopped at
32Mb, and not at 70Mb, the size of my swap?

And now for the newbie section: :)

I was wondering if there was an easy way to make a "monitor" that would
do:

while true
	clear
	df

I tried, but never got a correct syntax. Is there good resource (on the
net if possible) for shell-script programming?

Thanks a lot for everybody who helped me on this list, especially Julian,
Doug, and so much people I can't remember.

How 'bout a little ride through your own world?
http://www.JSP.UMontreal.CA/~beaupran/

Spidey