Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2002 07:54:41 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
Cc:        "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@freebsd.org>, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/contrib/bind FREEBSD-Xlist

-On [20020206 16:45], John Hay (jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za) wrote:
>Well like I tried to imply in my previous email, you can look at
>"upgrading to v9.x" as a feature enhancement or measured against the
>history of v8 as preventative security fixes. :-)

That argument does not hold much ground.

When I discussed BIND 9 with Kris Kennaway a bunch of months ago he
decided to look at the code a bit.  A day later the BIND folks had a
patchset to fix a lot of security problems noted by one auditor.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven / asmodai / Kita no Mono / xMach coreteam
asmodai@[wxs.nl|xmach.org], finger asmodai@ninth-circle.org