Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 18:08:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Squires <mikes@sir-alan.chem.indiana.edu>
To:        samba@samba.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.0.7pre2 and FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE = works

2.0.7pre2 compiles and installs with a minor problem with swat files which
I spent no time trying to fix.  I used the FreeBSD patch-aa from 2.0.6
only (copied /usr/ports/net/samba to /usr/ports/net/samba207, edited
/usr/ports/net/samba207/Makefile to point to 2.0.7pre2, modified the
md5 file, removed all patches but patch-aa, then "make;make install".)

Speed is slightly faster, about 10%, than 2.0.6.

The client was a Win2K Pro system; I didn't test domain features.

Mike Squires