Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 18:54:46 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gary Clark II <gclarkii@main.gbdata.com>
To:        RGireyev@bellind.com
Cc:        langfod@dihelix.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cool Web page interface to mail + search engine?

RGireyev@bellind.com wrote:

> >Amancio Hasty
> >>
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I am looking around for a cgi script or Java program to help us organize
> >>the multimedia mailing list.
> >
> >To be honest I have always thought that a hypemail interface to the
> >FreeBSD
> >mail archives would be more usefull that the current search engine.....
>
> Halleluya.
>
> Gary (Clark II) are you seing these?
> >
> >Most of the time (for me) that subjects lines are usefull enough for
> >searches
> >and (usaually) that articels back in 1995 dont really pertain to what I
> >had
> >been looking for even though they filter to the top.
>
> Also, the most recent message/reply the search engine
> extracts is as of January 1997. Any chances of
> having something a little more recent like up until
> last week or maybe even last night? The reson being
> every two weeks or so I see the same question asked,
> trying to find a previous answer to it is truly an
> excercize in frustration and running nowhere fast.
>
> >I thought you had looked at glipse once before? How was that?
> >
> >-David Langford
> > langfod@dihelix.com

Sorry for including the compleate thing, but I could not figure out the best
way to break it up:)

Yes, I'm looking at it.  I should latter on tonight have FreeBSD questions
from 2Q 1996 to present (1 day ago) up in a hypermail format broken up
by quarters.

I'm also including my FreeBSD Tips & Tricks from my failed attempt at the
BSD Journal. (I had looked around for stuff from the mailing lists and
news groups on how to do things).

Gary

--
Gary Clark II   (N5VMF) |    I speak only for myself and "maybe" my company
gclarkii@GBData.COM     |          Member of the FreeBSD Doc Team