Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 00:48:45 +0100
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>, FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Opera 6 {TP3,Beta1} problems (was: split opera into 2?)

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 11:10:59PM +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar> writes:
> > I just noticed that the opera port changed. Now it installs Opera 6.0
> > B1, instead of Opera 5.
>
> The Opera port has installed Opera 6 for several months.
>
> > Having /usr/ports/www/linux-opera5 and /usr/ports/www/linux-opera6
> > would be the solution. If you don't like 6 you can always go back to
> > 5!
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I think that if someone else wants to do it, fine, but I won't.

Several people are having problems with Opera 6 TP3 and Beta1: the page
downloads get stalled when trying to transfer the images. This problem is
well described in:

However, Opera 6 TP2 does not have this problem. Since Opera 6 Beta1 seems
to work fine for Linux users, I guess that TP3 and Beta1 trigger some kind
of networking problem in the Linuxulator.

--
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **