Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:40:17 -0400
From:      epilogue <epilogue@allstream.net>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q? "=C0=EB=E5=F1=E5=E9_=C7=E8=E2=E5=ED=EA=EE" ?= <twistfire@rambler.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how can i install a winmodem?  (was: No Subject )

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:26:07 +0400
"=C0=EB=E5=F1=E5=E9 =C7=E8=E2=E5=ED=EA=EE" <twistfire@rambler.ru> wrote:

> Hi bsd community.
> Does anybody know how to setup winmodem under FreeBSD?
> I had it on Linux, but just forget the package name,
> now I am under FreeBSD and I need to set it up.
> I have=20
> Lucent Microelectronics 56k WinModem (rev 01)
>          Subsystem: Lucent Microelectronics LT WinModem 56k=20
> Data+Fax+Voice+Dsvd
>          (info by pciutils/lspci)
> Under win it's LT Winmodem with Lucent(Agere) Mars2 chip inside.
> Genius GM56PCI-L - 56K PCI DATA/Fax/TAM functions (it's on a box of a=20
> modem)

hello twistfire (sorry, my font's aren't setup to see or write your name),

1) please never, ever, ever, ever again send a message without indicating a
subject line.  it makes it very hard for people to track the thread.  it
will also tend to get you ignored, because a lot of people only look at
messages that they either know something about or are interested in
learning about. you'll note that i've added a subject.  it is perhaps not a
perfect example, but it is roughly what is expected.

2) you could probably have found this answer for yourself either by
searching through the ports tree with the 'make search key' command
(google that if you don't know about it - onlamp.com has good bsd articles
on ports tricks).  you could also have figured this out yourself via web
interface like freebsd.org/ports or freshports.org.  finally, you could
even have found your answer by searching through the freebsd-questions
mailing list archives which are available at:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/

just type 'windmodem' (or whatever else you're trying to learn about!) in
the cute little textbox and press the 'magic' search button.

-----

in the future, it will be expected that you do both of these.  this
time you get a pass.    ;)    you _may_ have luck with
/usr/ports/comms/ltmdm.

hope this helps,
epi