Date:      Fri, 3 Apr 1998 06:16:20 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        gozer@ludd.luth.se (Johan Larsson)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD lounge...

> Is this reasonable enough for you? :-)
>
>   PID USERNAME PRI NICE  SIZE    RES STATE    TIME   WCPU    CPU COMMAND
>  7217 root      18   0   900K   876K pause    3:07  0.00%  0.00% java
>
> Of course if you write it in C it wan't take up this "much", but i think
> it's quite ok for a java app.

it seems that any command interpreter won't take less than 500KB these
days so what should i say... any chance that using a real compiler to
x86 code (rather than an interpreter or jit compiler) we get a better
memory footprint for small programs ?

> Btw, why aren't you hanging out on the lounge ;) I played some music the
> other day, did it come thru ok (i saw that at least you luigi where
> there).

i saw the video, but the audio i was trying to listen to the
ietf/infocom...

	cheers
	luigi