Date:      Mon, 1 Sep 2008 13:17:50 -0700
From:      =?windows-1250?Q?Derek_Kuli=F1ski?= <takeda@takeda.tk>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Michael <freebsdports@bindone.de>
Subject:   Re: bin/121684: : dump(8) frequently hangs

Hello Kevin,

> Thanks for the suggestion. I'm pretty sure I have done a full fsck, but
> not positive, so I will try one tomorrow. The system is in a location
> which is unmanned today due to the holiday, and a full fsck kind of needs
> either a human or remote console.

> I have tried both with and without snapshots, so those don't seem to be
> the problem.

> In any case, I'll know more tomorrow.

You can also make a snapshot and run fsck on it.
According to the documentation, if system is good state, then fsck on
a snapshot should return no errors.

I don't know how does it work the other way (i.e. if there are no
errors shown, does that mean fs is ok?)

--
Best regards,
 Derek                            mailto:takeda@takeda.tk