Date:      Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:23:21 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org, remko@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CD Distributor Listing - Linuxiso.co.uk

On Thursday 23 February 2006 06:30, Remko Lodder wrote:
> sales@linuxiso.co.uk wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are a UK based Linux reseller and were wondering if we could be added to your
> > vendor listings. Linuxiso.co.uk continues to donate to the Linux community via
> > Distrowatch who make monthly donations pooled from resellers and companies. Our
> > donations have been made to  Mplayer, Amarok, Kanotix and the Cacti project to
> > name a few.
> >

> Hi Ed,
>
> I am the commercial gallery maintainer and one of the
> doc committers.  For things like this we only add vendors
> who distribute OpenSource software (including FreeBSD)
> within less populated regions.  You are talking about
> the UK where we (The OpenSource Community) have a good
> distribution channel.
>
> So sorry, but no, we will not add you to the list.
>
> However from my angle I want to thank you for supporting
> the OpenSource community!

(Dropping Linuxiso for now).  Erm, which list are you referring to?  The list
in the handbook of CD and DVD vendors includes several vendors in the US and
at least one in the UK.  There didn't seem to be a category in the commercial
gallery that included CD and DVD vendors who sell FreeBSD CDs and DVDs.